Thursday 16 January 2014

DVD Authoring Blog 2

As the Thornham project progressed we were joined by Colin the client who came to discuss the DVD for the Thornham Documentary, We showed him our concepts and ideas which he really liked.He also suggested that we filmed some upcoming events that are happening in Thornham within the next few weeks that could be used within the bonus features section of the DVD.

Colin was very willing to help us out by filming a short opening introduction and interview for the disc.I was camera operator, so we went into the studio and filmed the short VT, afterwards  I edited the video on Final Cut Pro 7.Two variants of the introduction were filmed, one in a mid and the other in a close up.Although he said slightly different things each take I was able to use both takes in the edit and cut between the two and the result is seamless I am extremely happy with the outcome.


After Colin had left we discussed the filming on the 28th January that he had suggested, we decided that it would be a two camera shoot which means two groups.I was very keen to direct one half of the shoot so I put myself forward for directing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment